Saturday, November 22, 2008

Who's in your inner circle and why?

Do you like who you’ve become since you have started that new school? Since you’ve gotten that new job? Since you’ve become part of that group?

Remember your parents telling you not to hang around with that crowd or that you couldn’t go to that friend’s house? Why?

According to Jim Rohen, self-made millionaire and successful author, take the average of five people you associate with and that represents, in a nutshell, who you are!

I like people. I think people, by nature, are good. I seek to find the good in others. I find myself wanting to emulate those who have become what I want to be ~ those who are nourishing, positive and uplifting. Others’ attitudes are contagious. Why spend time with those who will bring us down. If you do not like who you are becoming, then take a look at who you are associating with.

I choose to associate myself with people who are inspiring and motivating. In surrounding myself around these people, I can “catch” their positive attitudes and change how I feel about myself and events around me.

What are the qualities you admire most in others? Take a look at the people around you. Do any of them possess these qualities? Are they in your inner circle of friends? Who are the successful people in your school, team or job? Have you ever asked them the secret to their success?

When you associate with others who are successful, you can “try on’ their strategies and see if they work. If not, move on and try another!

Choose who you become by choosing those you spend time with.

No comments: